IMR: 1997: November: 21 -- Friday, 11:06 p.m.
Crawford Hall, Univ. of Hawai`i-Manoa, Hawai`i
This entry was never written, the day too full and time too scarce. Below, however, are the scraps I recorded through the day.
- William gave me an application for an APT position at UH -- Public Information Officer III. The envelope was labeled, "Apply for this job or die!!!" He's appointed himself my employment and financial counselor.
- Frustrated with seeing the same sparse quotes from Stanley Porteus in the debate over renaming Porteus Hall, I set about starting a collection of more substantial references. If we can't write an article about it, we can at least help students inform themselves.
- Jen and I didn't see "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" as planned. She's coming down with something, and felt absolutely whipped when I picked her up.
- Jen's stressed over work. She's expected to do other duties in addition to harassing video scofflaws, but the latter job takes all her time and she's left feeling a failure having not done the other tasks thrown at her. I said chill. Everyone can do those other jobs; only she does the video collections. She shouldn't feel guilty about it taking all her time.
- William & Micheal made up. A lot sooner than I'd thought, too. Not before William got in a good screaming tirade, though. "The theraputic benefits of screaming at someone are highly underrated," he said.
- 'Venue articles are trickling in. I still have doubts we'll be able to fill all the space, though. We've got, what, one paid ad?
- Tonight, Jen and I walked to Haagen Dazs. After a raspberry sorbet, she decided she wanted McDonald's cheeseburgers.
- I tried to watch "The Song Remains the Same," the Led Zeppelin movie, with Jen. After "The Wall," though, nothing impresses me -- no matter how bizarre.
- I've got to go out to Mililani to videotape the Kaimuki High marching band tomorrow. I'm going to try and drag William along with the promise of band shoyu.
- Jen and I start lamaze on Monday.
< PREVIOUS · MONTH INDEX · NEXT >
|© Ryan Kawailani Ozawa · E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org · Created: 21 November 1997 · Last Modified: 4 December 1997|